Varnish and VBulletin

Conor McDermottroe conor at boards.ie
Wed Oct 13 18:56:46 CEST 2010

We're currently using varnish in front of vBulletin 3.x and cookies are the main problem.

The only real potential for caching vBulletin pages is for guests. Logged-in members are much more difficult to handle.

Beware that vBulletin by default uses cookies for marking threads and forums as read. If you want to move that to your DB you'll need to budget more capacity on your DB.

-C