Centos/RHEL init script - reload/configtest

anand at rediff-inc.com anand at rediff-inc.com
Fri Oct 15 09:19:16 CEST 2010

Hi Guys,

A sample script I use to reload varnish configs; maybe useful to you....

#!/bin/bash
# Reload a varnish config

FILE="/etc/varnish/varnish.vcl"

# Hostname and management port
# (defined in /etc/default/varnish or on startup)
HOSTPORT="IPADDRESS:PORT"
NOW=`date +%d%h%Y`

error()
{
    echo 1>&2 "Failed to reload $FILE."
    exit 1
}

varnishadm -T $HOSTPORT vcl.load reload$NOW $FILE || error
varnishadm -T $HOSTPORT vcl.use reload$NOW || error
echo Current configs:
varnishadm -T $HOSTPORT vcl.list

Regards,
    Anand