Snapshotting current cache content (host/url tupels) into list?

Stefan Pommerening pom at dmsp.de
Thu Oct 21 17:57:38 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out if there is some sort of "snapshot" to display
the momentary content of the varnish cache, more detailled the current
list of Host/URL tupels in memory.

I've understood that using varnishstat I can display the fields n_object
and n_objecthead showing me the number of Host/URL tupels and the number
of variants at a given time.

What I am still missing is an option to (single-time) 'dump' the
Host/URL tupels (n_objecthead) of this current second from the cache
into a list. I know that it's changing permanently but I'd like to have
a 'snapshot' option.

I already spent a lot of time searching for this info, but it seems that
it is not available. Does anyone have a hint for me?

Thanks, Stefan.