SSL and Varnish

Rob S rtshilston at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 13:27:35 CEST 2010

  If you've used SSL with varnish in production, can you share any
wisdom on your configuration and approaches?

We've been happily using Varnish in production for just over a year, and
now want to use it for an SSL site so that we can use ESI, load
balancing and other such facilities offered by Varnish.  I've searched
over the Varnish website, and can't see any examples of a recommended
SSL configuration.
http://plone.org/documentation/kb/plone-behind-varnish-using-pound-for-ssl
provides some documentation, but I suspect there are other options.

I'll happily consolidate the answers into a coherent document for the
website so that others can benefit in future.

Thanks,

Rob