regsub in error response

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Tue Sep 14 20:05:45 CEST 2010

Okay, figured this out.

in vcl_recv I check req.http.Host, and if it's wrong, I set it correctly
and throw 751, then in vcl_error:

         if(obj.status == 751) {
                 # redirect
                 set obj.http.Location = "http://" req.http.Host req.url;
                 set obj.status = 301;

This seems to work.  Can anybody see any problems?  Is it bad to set
req.http.Host?  Will that string concatenation above always be well formed?

Thanks,
Chris