Cachefile full

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Tue Sep 21 09:39:11 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Jaap van Arragon
<j.vanarragon at lukkien.com>wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> Last Friday we’ve experienced a serious problem with Varnish. We cache a
> lot of images for our costumers and last Friday we saw that the varnish
> server wouldn’t serve any images. Is it possible that our 10 GB cachefile is
> full? Doesn’t Varnish, when it reach it’s limit (10GB), just throw out the
> oldest images present in the cache file?

Yes. It does. There are some counters showing the LRU (last-recently-used,
the algorithm that is used to decide what to kick out)
at work - "varnishstat -1 |grep lru" shoud show you something.

--
Per Buer,  Varnish Software
Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / skype: per.buer