Varnish w/hardware loadbalancing woes

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Thu Sep 23 19:57:18 CEST 2010

Sounds more like a load balancer setup problem than a varnish issue.  Under
Linux atleast with DR setups you must disable ARP for the VIP, unless
you're using a tunnel setup or a setup where your VIPs are completely
separate VLAN/LAN.

It sounds like this is what's happening, that the real servers are
receiving the traffic sometimes and the load balancer at others because of
the ARP issue.

--On Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:21 AM -0700 "Copper, Candace L"