Varnish stress test

Hitendra Molleti hitendra.molleti at itp.com
Sun Sep 26 09:38:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

Not sure if anyone here can help me with this.

But we now have fully developed our website with Java using Varnish in the
frontend while Tomcat serving from the backend.

Now, I am looking to run a stress test for the website to relaunch. There
are so many tools online available and not sure which is a good tool to use
for stress testing the website.

Also, if someone can give us an idea of any final optimizations that can be
done at a Varnish level to speed up the delivery of a page. We use cookies
hence, can only cache certain widgets on the page.

Thanks

Hitendra Molleti
Chief Technology Officer

Direct: +971 4 444 3179
GSM: +971 50 499 7639

 <http://itp.com/newlocation/>

Online

Business :

 <http://www.arabianbusiness.com/> www.arabianbusiness.com,
<http://www.arabianbusiness.com/arabic> www.arabianbusiness.com/arabic

Property :

 <http://www.arabianbusiness.com/property> www.arabianbusiness.com/property

Recruitment :

 <http://www.arabianbusiness.com/jobs> www.arabianbusiness.com/jobs

Automotive :

 <http://www.carmiddleeast.com/> www.carmiddleeast.com

Celebrity :

 <http://www.ahlanlive.com/> www.ahlanlive.com, <http://www.masala.com/>
www.masala.com

Entertainment :

 <http://www.timeoutdubai.com/> www.timeoutdubai.com,
<http://www.timeoutabudhabi.com/> www.timeoutabudhabi.com
 <http://www.timeoutbahrain.com/> www.timeoutbahrain.com,
<http://www.timeoutdoha.com/> www.timeoutdoha.com

Industry Portals :

 <http://www.constructionweekonline.com/> www.constructionweekonline.com,
<http://www.digitalproductionme.com/> www.digitalproductionme.com,
 <http://www.arabiansupplychain.com/> www.arabiansupplychain.com,
<http://www.arabianoilandgas.com/> www.arabianoilandgas.com

Technology :

 <http://www.itp.net/> www.itp.net

Events :

 <http://www.itp.net/events/> www.itp.net/events

Tickets :

 <http://www.timeouttickets.com/> www.timeouttickets.com

This is an e-mail from ITP. Its contents are confidential to the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. It may not be
disclosed to or used by anyone other than its intended recipient, nor may it
be copied in any way. If received in error please email a reply to the
sender, then delete it from your system. Although this e-mail has been
scanned for viruses, ITP cannot accept any responsibility for viruses and it
is your responsibility to scan any attachments.