Save cookie &session with web load balacer using varnish

Bjørn Ruberg bjorn at ruberg.no
Wed Apr 6 11:02:51 CEST 2011

On 06. april 2011 10:48, Hieu DuongTrung wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm configuring Varnish Load Balancing for 3 applications server.I
> used director round-robin but i don't known cofigure to save session,
> cookie.

Several options are available.

If your application servers can share session information between them,
make sure to let session cookies through to the backend where required.

If sessions are not used often, you could dedicate one application
server to handle sessions.

Finally, you could use the client director and (somehow) add the session
cookie to the client identity.

There might be other options as well, these are from the top of my head.

Hope this helps,

--
Bjørn