web based forum now online

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Thu Apr 14 19:21:53 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Sandro guly Zaccarini <ml at luv.guly.org>wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 06:18:00PM +0200, Per Buer wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Most of us old farts like 'old school' project discussion tools such as
> > mailing lists and IRC. A bunch of people have told me that they are
> > not entirely comfortable with these tools and would like to have a web
> based
> > forum. I've heard the Pfsense people made a web forum some time back and
> it
> > has worked out rather well for them.
> >
> > If you like web forums, I invite you to come on over and hang out. If
> not,
> > don't. The forum is located at https://www.varnish-cache.org/forum/
>
> snort recently dropped both ml and forum for a google group, which
> offers both at the same times (read: no duplication of
> information/problem).
>
> did you considered it?

Yes. I decided not to touch the existing mailing lists. People are happy
with the way they work and not everyone like Google groups. I am more or
less the local Google fanboy at the office but not everyone seem to be
as enthusiastic and trusting as me. :-) Controlling the actual content gives
us a bit of freedom so we decided to use something we control.

--

Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / Skype: per.buer
*Varnish makes websites fly!*