Understanding persistent storage

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Apr 19 10:14:53 CEST 2011

In message <E7097BFB283E614C96AE10D5307726E301C0FF99E6E4 at SLOTHMAIL.eea.eu.int>,
 Traian Bratucu writes:

>There is no persistent cache in varnish. At least, not yet.

Uhm, you are not up to date.

Varnish does have an -spersistent storage function, and it should work
better in 3.0 than it did in 2.x, but it is far from perfect yet.

I don't know what the original poster found wanting last time, I can
only suggest that he gives -trunk a spin and see if he likes it better
now.