Varnish Purging with URL in browser

Varnish List varnishlist at realvideosite.com
Wed Apr 20 22:24:52 CEST 2011

I am trying to figure out if it is at all possible to purge objects in the
varnish cache through the URL in the browser.

I have been able to purge using curl -X and the CLI but, say you have an
object called image.jpg and you want to open your browser and type:

 http://www.domain.com/images/image.jpg?purge=true

In order to purge it ( TTL=0 ). Is this possible to do? Can it be
implemented with VCL? If you know of a way to handle this please let me
know.

I'm somewhat convinced it can be done because it was mentioned here:
http://kristianlyng.wordpress.com/2010/07/15/varnish-crash-course-for-sysadmins

Thanks!!!