CDN subdomain handling (hiding) in Varnish

Shibashish shib4u at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 17:12:29 CEST 2011

Hi All,

My website is being served by varnish. I also have a CDN setup from where i
serve the static content for my websites (jpg, js, css).

Before CDN, the static content on the site was being served as www/
example.com/images/abc.jpg, www.example.com/css/xyz.css, etc. After CDN, the
static files are being served through a new domain as
cdn.example.com/images/abc.jpg, cdn.example.com/css/xyz.css.

How do I stop my site from being visible on cdn.example.com? I want to let
the static content be served out of CDN and the origin pull be happening
from Varnish.

ShiB.
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );