Varnish child killed

Jean-Francois Laurens jean-francois.laurens at rts.ch
Wed Apr 27 09:59:33 CEST 2011

HI Thiago !

Thank you a lot for your very interesting comment !

In fact I get the same limitation with a 8GB memory server.

Please correct me if I¹m wrong :
My system has only 8GB of memory. Thus I can assume that the kernel should
have stared to write dirty mmap'ed pages longer in advance than your server
does.

But the very high loads I¹ve seen are only occuring once the cache became
close to 20GB+.
Why is that ? I still don¹t understand this 20GB+ limitation.

I addition of the vmstat and ps that I collect regularly, I will add an
iostat to watch the disk activity.

Jef