3.0.1 rc 1

Audun Ytterdal audun at ytterdal.net
Fri Aug 26 09:12:36 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 7:48 AM, Tollef Fog Heen
<tfheen at varnish-software.com> wrote:
> ]] Kurt Kraut
>
> | I've found an issue with Varnish 3.0: downloading files larger than 1mb the
> | download is constantly interrupted and reestabilished by HTTP 206. Rolling
> | back to varnish 2.x immediatly fixed the issue.
>
> Can you see if this happens with 3.0.0 as well as 3.0.1 rc 1?  Any
> chance you can provide varnishlog from when it happens?
>
> | My question is: how can I know if this issue was covered in 3.0.1 rc 1? Is
> | there a changelog for release candidates?
>
> https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/browser/doc/changes.rst
>
> has a high level list of changes.

Are you sure the limit is 1MB and not the time it takes to download the file?

On low bandwith 1MB could take more than 60 seconds to retrive.
Varnish 3.0 has a send_timeout of 60 seconds while Varnish 2.1 had 600
seconds.
I had to adjust send_timeout to 600 again on my 3.0 installation for
pdf downloads and such.

--
Audun