HA with Varnish? advice request

Alejandro cdgraff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 04:05:24 CET 2011

Hi guys,

I need your advice... I'm using varnish into multiple server, some for
caching dynamic content and other only for static content.

On front of the Dynamic Content Varnish y have Cisco ACE Load balancer, but
on front of the Static Varnish, the traffic is much higher and can't use
Cisco ACE, for this reason I'm using RoundRobin DNS into this 2 servers.

This week I had, some network issue with one of this servers and when the
network go down I loose 50% of the traffic...

here my question, or advice request... How I can have HA with 2 varnish
server? I'm thinking on Heartbeat or Heartbeat+ldirectord, please fell free
to send your suggestions.

Sorry for my English and regards from Argentina

Alejandro