Maitaining state in ESI includes

Christian Jul Jensen christian at moc.net
Thu Dec 8 10:37:49 CET 2011

Hi

I asked about this previously, but maybe I didn't explain my problem
well enough, at least I am getting some different answers on whether the
following is possible.

Scenario:

We want to embed a stand-alone application into pages generated by a CMS.

The CMS pages are fully cacheable.

The embedded application has a mix of cacheable and uncacheable states
defined by GET-parameters.

Which state should be shown is not known by the CMS, so proper
GET-parameters can not be provided in the ESI-tag, but will be links
back to the page from the embedded application itself.

Questions:

Is it possible to forward GET (and POST) parameters from the main
request to the ESI request?

If so, is it possible to filter the forwarded parameters by some regexp,
to only provide the relevant parameters.

thanks.

--
Christian Jul Jensen

MOC - http://moc.net