Hostnames in backend definition...

Hugo Cisneiros (Eitch) hugo.cisneiros at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 15:35:46 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm setting up varnish to access a load balancer from amazon ec2. I
have two problems:

- since the IP address for the load balancer changes very often, does
varnish obey the ttl rule for resolving the hostname if I specify the
hostname in vcl?

- i can use multiple availability zones, meaning the hostname will
resolve to 4 IPs, one for each zone. I got an error saying that
varnish couldn't handle multiple IP addresses on backend definition,
so I chose only one IP and it works :) is there a way to use multiple
ips?

Thanks!

--
[]'s