Can varnish be used on a e-commerce website where almost all pages are dynamic?

Lx Yu lixinfish at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 12:26:13 CET 2011

Hello, I'm working on a e-commerce site, and the content of it is almost fully dynamic.

Most user must login to purchase, and every login user in have a collection of personalized items displayed in every page. And every item's status is in real-time(whether it's in stock, and how many left).

So for now, we dynamically generate every webpage, and use a CDN to delivery all static files(images, css, js).

Then, can varnish be used in such situation where almost all things is dynamic? As I see Facebook is also using varnish, and I'm wondering how fb did it.

--
Lx Yu, Developer, ELEME Inc.
Email: lixinfish at gmail.com