Issue with varnish passing absolute url to backend

Thiago Figueiro TFigueiro at au.westfield.com
Tue Feb 8 05:27:02 CET 2011

>From Michael Alger:

> This is the normal format for an HTTP request. The most basic level
> looks like:
>
> GET /username HTTP/1.0
> Host: test.example.com
>
> You will only see requests in the form of
>
> GET http://test.example.com/username HTTP/1.0
> Host: test.example.com
>
> if the request is being made via a proxy, i.e. if the user-agent

It looks to me like your suggestion to set req.url will do what the OP
needs, however your statement above is not accurate.

The "Host" header is part of the HTTP/1.1 implementation.  All HTTP/1.0
requests will be in the above format, made via a proxy or not.

I'm not sure if Varnish can be configured to talk HTTP 1.0 to a
backends.

Cheers,
Thiago.

    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This electronic mail message, including any and/or all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and may contain confidential and/or privileged information, pertaining to business conducted under the direction and supervision of the sending organization. All electronic mail messages, which may have been established as expressed views and/or opinions (stated either within the electronic mail message or any of its attachments), are left to the sole responsibility of that of the sender, and are not necessarily attributed to the sending organization. Unauthorized interception, review, use, disclosure or distribution of any such information contained within this electronic mail message and/or its attachment(s), is (are) strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by replying to this electronic mail message, along with the destruction all copies of the original electronic mail message (along with any attachments).