install problem in Red Hat Enterprise Linux

彭伟 pwlazy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 07:43:29 CET 2011

hi all:

     i install varnish using the source code "varnish-2.1.4.tar.gz" in
ubuntu10.4,  command lines as follows:

     wget http://repo.varnish-cache.org/source/varnish-2.1.4.tar.gz
     tar xzvf varnish-2.1.4.tar.gz
     cd varnish-2.1.4/
    ./configure --prefix=/me/dev/varnish
     make && make install

     in the "/me/dev/varnish/bin"  directory, there are 9 tools as follows
     "varnishadm  varnishhist  varnishlog  varnishncsa  varnishreplay
varnishsizes  varnishstat  varnishtest  varnishtop"

     it's ok!

    but when i use the same install steps in "Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Server release 5.3 (Tikanga)", the problem appeared

    in the "/me/dev/varnish/bin"  directory, there are only 5 tools as
follows
    "varnishadm  varnishlog  varnishncsa  varnishreplay  varnishtest"

    serveral import tools such varnishstat aren't created, please help me!
thanks !

  Regards!
  pwlazy