DDOS

alexus alexus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 21:37:25 CET 2011

How does Varnish handles DDOS?

here is my problem, in our environment varnish servers static pages
but dynamic pages it passed to application server (apache).
so every onces in a while we have some attacker(s) who start doing
some sort of attacks against us, and apache hits very high load on
server and about to go down...
so I look up an IP address and I block it on Varnish .vcl file, and
load goes back to normal right away...
is there something that can be done automatically? or is there
anything can be done at all to somehow handle this type of issue?

please advise

--
http://alexus.org/