varnish 2.15 - possible security exploit?

Mike Franon kongfranon at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 16:01:48 CET 2011

Thank you Per Buer, and Stefan,

That is what I thought but just wanted to double-check.

At least I know the varnish servers can handle the load to help offset
a DDOS attack.  Before varnish, if we ever got above 100 req/sec our
apache servers would not respond.  But we are still trying to figure
out ways of stopping it, which is really tough, since they are hitting
our home page directly, and we cannot block that request, we have
blocked at the F5 level, top 20 ip address, hostname and user-agents.

Thanks again,
Mike