Ubuntu installation guide page installs outdated Varnish cache

Amedeo Salvati amedeo at oscert.net
Mon Jan 3 11:21:01 CET 2011

hi Aaron,

generally i prefer to don't build from source application on
production env, related for security issue to have c compiler
installed on the same host, but for varnish i think this doesn't
matter because varnish require gcc or c compiler to compile vcl script
at run time; for this issue i have configured varnish on chroot jail,