Connections dropped under load

George Georgovassilis g.georgovassilis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 01:09:19 CET 2011

Many thanks for the pointer!

If I understand this correctly, there are some implications following
session_linger:

1. High values require also large thread pools to make up for the
lingering sessions ?
2. Low values are safer but may result in increased CPU usage ?
3. The effectiveness of session_linger depends on the network latency:
if requests are piped in at a slow rate more sessions are locked up waiting?

If 3 is correct then session_linger sounds like a dangerous toy, because
I can't really control the network latency.

Regards,
G.