Exclude a URL

Eduardo Gimenez Ruiz egimenez at vectorsf.com
Wed Jan 12 12:16:34 CET 2011

Hi all in the list:

In the first time I will like to say that my English is not very good,
sorry for that. I will try to explain my question for is some person can
help me.

In the second time, sorry, my question is very simple and basic...I'm
reading all manual and how to but i don't have results for my problem.
I'm a new user for Varnish and i have very troubles in a priori easy thing.

I use a Varnish Version 1.1.2 with pressflow (a kind of drupal) and i
try to exclude a URL (or a path) from the cache.

I use this configuration in my default.vcl:

sub vcl_recv {
   if (req.url ~ "^/portal/ajax_user_bar") {
      //return (pass);
      //pass;
      unset req.http.cookie;
   }
[other code]
}

And in all case I see this result with "varnishtop -b -i TxURL" is:

1.00 TxURL     /portal/ajax_user_bar/login?0.9301228949334472

The number after the "login?" are a ramdom number from the code and the
"ajax_user_bar" is a module in pressflow not a directory of the OS.

I tried to use a "return (pass);", "pass;" and "unset req.http.cookie;"
(like the example in a tutorial:
http://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/2.1/tutorial/vcl.html) but I can't
exclude the URL.

What is my problem?,What change I make in my code for exclude this URL?

Thank for all help, advice or documentation that you can give me.

--
Eduardo Giménez Ruiz