Fwd: Wiki page for "Installing Varnish from source code"

jdzstz - gmail dot com jdzstz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 18:30:13 CET 2011

In Trac wiki, it exists a wiki page about "Installing Varnish from
source code" in http://varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/Installation with
information about compiling varnish from source code.  This page has
also a lot information for Mac OS X, OpenSolaris and Solaris 10.

This page is not accesible by any other wiki page, in the past, in
WikiStart was a link that was deleted in version 146:
  -  http://varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/WikiStart?action=diff&version=146&old_version=145

So, I think a link in WikiStart or in other wiki page must be created.

But I also have noticed that exists other documentation page about
compiling varnish from source in:
  -  http://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/trunk/installation/install.html

The problem of this page is that it does not help much with some
platforms like Mac OS X, OpenSolaris and Solaris 10 that are explained
in http://varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/Installation

So I think both pages should be mixed. If it is not possible, only
special instructions for compiling could be keeped in wiki and make a
link to http://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/trunk/installation/install.html