How to set up varnish not be a single point of failure

Stewart Robinson stewsnooze at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 12:25:34 CET 2011

Other people have configured two Varnish servers to be backends for
each other. When you see the other Varnish cache as your remote IP you
then point the request to the real backend. This duplicates your cache
items in each cache.

Be aware of http://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/VCLExampleHashIgnoreBusy

Stew