Varnis and virtual hosts

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Sun Jan 30 16:12:51 CET 2011

      Hi.

      VERY new to varnish (2.0.5) here.  I need to pass some virtual host
requests through to the Apache serverbwhich is set up to serve them.
I've read the wiki.  Nto sure but I THINK I need something like this in
vcl_rev

if (req.http.host ~ "^virtual-domain.edu") {
   return (pass);
}

Or possibly return(lookup) as I would like this cached.  Currently
varnish is just swallowing all the virtual host requests.

      Do I need a similr entry in vcl_fetch?

      Am I even close?  I'm guessing here.  If anyone has a pointer to more
detaild and thorough documentation that would be appreciated also.

     Thank you.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |Life, a bad idea whose time is past.
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |    Me

dispose of the e-mail.