Skip post

Daniele Dellafiore ildella at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 18:17:41 CEST 2011

Hi.

I'm a new user. Well, actually just potential user :)
I've installed varnish 2.1 on my machine with Ubuntu via apt-get.
I've configured a backend server, keeping the name "default" so I
guess it's used by default without having to set it. I did not change
anything else on the default.vcl file

I launched varnish with
sudo varnishd -f /etc/varnish/default.vcl -s malloc,1G -T
127.0.0.1:2000 -a 0.0.0.0:8080

In fact the GET are working, but the POST are not. I was calling

http://localhost:8181/sessions
with a POST to sign users in, but now, with Varnish on 8080

http://localhost:8080/sessions
I get a Service Unavailable

There's something else I should do? I see in the sub vcl_recv that
only GET and HEAD are processed so I expected the POST to be ignored.

Any advice?

Thanks.

--
Daniele Dellafiore