Via header added to requests

Jim Hayter jhayter at manta.com
Tue Jul 5 17:30:44 CEST 2011

We are running varnish 2.0.5 in front of apache 2.2.  I have been asked if it is possible to stop varnish from adding to the Via header when it sends a request to the backend.  I suspect not after reading the RFCs ("The Via general-header field MUST be used by gateways and proxies to indicate the intermediate protocols and recipients between the user agent and the server on requests, and between the origin server and the client on responses.").  I just wanted to verify my opinion.

Thanks,
Jim
--
Jim Hayter