Problem with Varnish.

Your Friend parsimail2001 at yahoo.se
Mon Jul 11 13:16:50 CEST 2011

Hey,
I posted my vcl conf yesterday and still no response, is this forum active? shall I give up on varnish?
Anyone who can help me with the issue?

--- Den sön 2011-07-10 skrev Shibashish <shib4u at gmail.com>:
hey, here is my vcl file:
I commented out "sub vcl_fetch" because I got error while starting varnish.
backend default {
    .host = "127.0.0.1";
    .port = "81";
}
sub vcl_recv {
  # add a unique header containing the client IP address
  set req.http.X-Orig-Forwarded-For = client.ip;

  # we're only handling static content for now so remove any
  # Cookie that was sent in the request as that makes caching
  # impossible.
  if (req.url ~ "\.(jpe?g|png|gif|ico|js|css|zip|CSS|mp3|wma|wmv|avi)(\?.*|)$") {
    unset req.http.cookie;

#sub vcl_fetch {
  # if the backend server adds a cookie to all responses,
  # remove it from static content so that it can be cached.
#  if (req.url ~ "\.(jpe?g|png|gif|ico|js|css|zip|CSS|mp3|wma|wmv|avi)(\?.*|)$") {
#    unset obj.http.set-cookie;
#  }
#}

Hey guys,
I am fairly new to the Varnish, I installed Varnish as the frontend to nginx, everything works fine föruton a strange problem that I have never encountered before when I used only the nginx;

I have an index page that links to the archives of this dress in two different ways:
Link 1:
website.com/blog/archive/index.php
Link 2:

website.com/blog/archive/

Here comes the problem, with Varnish does not link two work, the browser simply can not access the page and after a few seconds, nothing appears in the browser and the address bar shows the address that a page can not be reached, the address that appears in the address bar is:

website.com:beckendport/blog/archive/

Configuration of the Web server is 127.0.0.1:beckendport and Varnish 80.

I don't use htaccess.

I would be grateful if
 you help me with this problem.

Thanks!