Remote backend servers

kevin k at kevinkevin.com
Mon Jun 6 18:10:35 CEST 2011

Hello,

I realize this is a generalized question, but I was hoping to get some
feedback as far as if anyone has implemented backend servers in the varnish
director configuration that are remotely in another data center.

The varnish frontend would have a 100meg connectivity over the internet to
the backend server. Would this be considered in line with best practices?

What would be the potential problems? Obviously the timeout variables would
have to be adjusted.

Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kevin