Do you have Varnish 3 party pictures and want to share? :-)

Kristian Lyngstol kristian at varnish-software.com
Sat Jun 18 01:31:43 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 10:49:56PM +0200, Rubén Romero wrote:
> As most people has already celebrated (some parties are hold tomorrow) I
> would like to ask you to not forget to tag your pictures with #v3rp. We only
> have Flickr integration on the site, but I have noticed that almost no one
> uses Flickr anymore :-)

Out of the 271 pictures I had by the end of the day, I ended up sharing
10.

https://picasaweb.google.com/kristianlyng/Varnish30PartyOslo

And while some are ok, I'm not too happy with the outcome, as I _am_
a novice photographer... But there you are.

> I was thinking about adding all of the pictures (from twitpic and what not)
> to one album in Flickr where we can see how the fun went everywhere. So feel
> free to send me links to your pictures or even the pictures themselves and I
> will upload them to Flickr and let you all know once that is done, or at
> least have all the links in one page so people can easily have an overview.

All my pictures are CC-BY-SA so you /could/ copy them all, but a page
that links to albums of relevance is much preferred. I like my visitors
using "my" album/gallery. Stats, feedback and the ability to retract
images if the people in them ask me to are some of the reasons.

It just feels more polite to link than copy.

If what you had in mind was using one or two pictures from different
galleries to make an entirely new collection, that's a different matter
of course. But if it's just an unfiltered copy, then just link to it
instead please :)

- Kristian