[SPAM] Varnish + Joomla

Chris Davies isp at daviesinc.com
Tue Jun 28 02:49:00 CEST 2011

Joomla had some issues with varnish until we started running mod_rpaf with apache. They rely on the IP address REMOTE_ADDR for quite a bit of their internal stuff. Then, some of the themes (rockettheme for one) rely on it. We worked with it for quite a bit but I was never too happy with it.

You can write VCL to determine if they are not logged in and remove that cookie to get it to cache. I'll have to look through my notes.