Under Load: Server Unavailable/Connection Dropped/Delayed Reponse

Caunter, Stefan scaunter at topscms.com
Fri Mar 4 15:43:42 CET 2011

Check your ec2 network settings.

OS and varnish settings look okay, your varnishstat shows that varnish
is coasting along fine.

It's not threads. You have 800 available, according to the varnishstat;
it's running with 800 threads, handling 12,000+ connections, and there
is no thread creation failure. Therefore it does not need to add
threads.

What does something like firebug show when you request during the load
test? The delay may be anything from DNS to the ec2 network.

Stefan Caunter

Operations

Torstar Digital

m: (416) 561-4871