Let GoogleBot Crawl full content, reverse DNS lookup

Mattias Geniar mattias at nucleus.be
Mon Mar 7 16:05:08 CET 2011

Hi,

I would look at the user agent to verify if it's a GoogleBot or not, as
that's more easily checked via VCL. All GoogleBots also adhere to the
correct User-Agent.
There really aren't that many users that spoof their User-Agent to gain
extra access.

Also keep in mind that serving GoogleBot different content than actual
users will get you penalties in SEO, eventually dropping your Google
ranking. Just, FYI.

Regards,
Mattias