Lots of configs

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Mar 8 23:36:18 CET 2011

In message <4D7688A1.8020202 at sbgnet.com>, David Helkowski writes:
>On 3/8/2011 9:53 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>> In message<AANLkTimwEiC5-+aXmjHazpCqYc0HUxHgDwaW4+L_65PC at mail.gmail.com>, Jona

>My anger was due primarily to the statement "if you got to deploy a
>whole bunch of scary inline C that will seriously intimidate the
>summer intern and makes all the other fear the config it's just not
>worth it."
>
>The contents of that private email essentially boiled to me saying, in
>many more words:
>"not everyone is as stupid as you".

Well, to put it plainly and simply:

In the context of the Varnish project, viewed through the prism that
is our project philosphy,  Per is Right and you are Wrong.

Inline C is the last resort, it is there because there needs to be
a last resort, but optimizations like the one you propose does not
belong *anywhere* inline C or not.

End of story.