SSL

Michal Taborsky michal.taborsky at nrholding.com
Fri Mar 11 09:31:00 CET 2011

Dne 11.3.2011 8:23, Simon Males napsal(a):
> I've found pound will throw errors in /var/log a few seconds after a
> Chrome connection (Connection timed out). Though this isn't reflected
> on the client side.
>
> Hate to crap on pound's parade, but I've also some client side errors,
> but they are not reproducible on demand.
>
> http://www.apsis.ch/pound/pound_list/archive/2010/2010-12/1291594925000

As far as I know, Chrome uses pre-connect to improve performance. What
it does, is it creates immediately more than one TCP/IP connection to
the target IP address, because most pages contain images and styles and
javascript, and Chrome knows, that it will be downloading these in
parallel. So it saves time on handshaking, when the connections are
needed later. It will also keep the connections open for quite a long
time and maybe pound times out these connections when nothing is
happening. This sort of thing can happen with any browser, but I think
Chrome is a lot more aggressive than others, so it stands out.

--
Michal Táborský
chief systems architect