SSL

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Mon Mar 14 14:06:15 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Gerhard Schmidt <schmidt at ze.tum.de> wrote:

> > Also, in my opinion, it's easier to have two simple systems than one
> complex
> > system. Having small dedicated programs is the beautiful design principle
> of
> > Unix and as long as it won't influence performance I'm sold.
>
> If there was a way to use simple dedicated service without loosing
> information
> this would be correct. But there isn't a simple daemon to accept ssl
> connections for varnish without loosing the Client Information.

You didn't read the whole thread, did you?

You obviously don't know about the PROXY protocol mode of the patched
stunnel version we're talking about. It requires slight modifications of
Varnish and would transmit client.ip initially when talking with Varnish.

--
Per Buer, Varnish Software
Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / Skype: per.buer