best way to not cache large files?

Ken Brownfield kbrownfield at google.com
Tue Mar 15 21:16:11 CET 2011

I'm assuming that in this case it's not possible for you to have the backend
server emit an appropriate Cache-Control or Expires header based on the size
of the file?  The server itself will know the file size before transmission,
and the reindeer caching games would not be necessary. ;-)

That's definitely the Right Way, but it would require control over the
backend, which is often not possible.  Apache unfortunately doesn't have a
built-in mechanism/module to emit a header based on file size, at least that
I can find. :-(
--
kb