Learning C and VRT_SetHdr()

Dan dan at retrobadger.net
Thu Mar 31 13:39:51 CEST 2011

I would like to do some more advanced functionality within our VCL file,
and to do so need to use the inline-c capabilities of varnish.  So, to
start off with, I thought I would get my VCL file to set the headers, so
I can test variables, and be sure it is working.  But am getting a WSOD
when I impliment my seemingly simple code.

So my main questions are:
* Are there any good docs on the VRT variables
* Are there examples/tutorials on using C within the VCL (for beginners
to the subject)
* Is there something obvious I have overlooked when writing my code

The snipper from my current code is:
/sub detectmobile {/
/  C{/
/    VRT_SetHdr(sp, HDR_BEREQ, "\020X-Varnish-TeraWurfl:", "no1",
vrt_magic_string_end);/
/  }C/
/}/
/sub vcl_miss {/