Multiple instances of varnish

Mike Franon kongfranon at gmail.com
Thu May 5 18:52:00 CEST 2011

Well what I am trying to do is for example the site is www.testingv.com

I have at the f5 check to see if the request is coming from a bot, and
if it is then said it to a pool that points to a different virtual
host on the appache server using a different port, specifically for
bot requests.

Otherwise if  www.testingv.com is a normal browser request then send
to the main virtual host on port 80

I am trying to see if there is a way with using a single instance

1)  Varnish using VCL to recognize that it is a bot

2)  If it is a bot request, varnish will then use a different backend.

Thanks