3.0 Beta1 RPM dependencies on RHEL5

andan andan armdan20 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 17:45:29 CEST 2011

Hi all.

I'm not sure is this is the correct list (but varnish-test seems not
active), my apologies if I'm wrong.

I'm testing Varnish 3.0 using the RPMS provided at:
http://repo.varnish-cache.org/redhat/varnish-3.0/el5/

These RPMs are dependents of an external jemalloc library, AFAIK
Varnish comes with his own jemalloc implementation, so the external
jemalloc could be omited, will be the final RPMs compiled without this
dependence or is a new and required dependence for the 3.x branch ?

By the way, the first tests with the beta after fix config file with
the new syntax are fine, we're playing with gzip/esi and so on.

Thanks in advance.