Is LCI on the radar?

Lukas Kahwe Smith mls at pooteeweet.org
Tue May 31 00:23:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

I assume some of you have stumbled over LCI by now:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-nottingham-linked-cache-inv-00.txt

This is actually quite interesting. For an application we are building we are looking to create an invalidation service to which the various independent frontend server applications can register and which gets notified by the backend. Of course the frontends then have to figure out which pages all need to be invalidated. The original article will be easy. Some of the category overviews will also be easy to delete. What will already get harder is invalidating all articles that reference the given article and worse yet would be if we start caching search results.

So I am wondering if you guys are looking at LCI for a future varnish impovement and if someone has build something like this on top of varnish today already that could maybe help us here.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls at pooteeweet.org