Varnish 3.0: Please help test.

Audun Ytterdal audun at ytterdal.net
Tue May 31 11:40:51 CEST 2011

Ok. I think we have some sort of bug here.

On the day i deployed varnish 3.0 our bigip started to complain about:

http_process_state_prepend - Invalid action EV_INGRESS_DATA  during
ST_HTTP_PREPEND_HEADERS (Server side: vip=vg.no_m323
profile=http pool=varnish_m323

all the time..

May 31 09:53:53 local/tmm1 info tmm1[32346]: 011f0007:6:
               Resuming log processing at this invocation; held 23810 messages.

https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/5000/900/sol5922.html
(login required)

This page explains that this error occurs when the backed does not
answer in a rfc2616 compliant way