Intermittent 503's from Varnish

AD straightflush at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 14:31:14 CET 2011

Hmm Steve, not sure, here is the snippet from that wiki link.

*Saint mode enables you to discard a certain page from one backend server
and either try another server or serve stale content from cache
*
*
*
*When we set beresp.saintmode to 10 seconds Varnish will not ask that server
for URL for 10 seconds. A blacklist, more or less. Also a restart is
performed so if you have other backends capable of serving that content
Varnish will try those. When you are out of backends Varnish will serve the
content from its stale cache.*