Varnish not in port 80 when starting as service

Ivan Martinez ivan.martinez at masterion.com
Sun Nov 20 19:05:55 CET 2011

Hello all,
I just installed Varnish 3.0.2 in a CentOS 6 system. When I manually
start Varnish as follows:

[root at masterion init.d]# varnishd -f /etc/varnish/default.vcl

Varnish is up and running in port 80. However, when I do it as a
service:

[root at masterion init.d]# pkill varnishd
[root at masterion init.d]# /etc/init.d/varnish start
Starting Varnish Cache:                                    [  OK  ]
[root at masterion init.d]# /etc/init.d/varnish status
varnishd (pid  10648) is running...
[root at masterion init.d]#

Apparently Varnish is running but there is nothing in port 80. What am
I doing wrong?.
Thank you,
Ivan