Varnish not in port 80 when starting as service

Ivan Martinez ivan.martinez at masterion.com
Sun Nov 20 22:53:46 CET 2011

Oh, I see, the parameter is in "/etc/sysconfig/varnish". That
configuration file is only read when Varnish is run as a system service,
that's what makes the difference. Thank you.

Ivan

On Sun, 20 Nov
2011 15:32:22 -0500, AD wrote:

> is there a parameter
VARNISH_LISTEN_PORT in your startup script ? This is in
/etc/default/varnish on Ubunut, not sure what it would be on CentOS

> On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Ivan Martinez wrote:
>
>> Hello
all,
>> I just installed Varnish 3.0.2 in a CentOS 6 system. When I
manually start Varnish as follows:

>> [root at masterion init.d]#
varnishd -f /etc/varnish/default.vcl

>> Varnish is up and running in
port 80. However, when I do it as a service:

>> [root at masterion
init.d]# pkill varnishd
>> [root at masterion init.d]# /etc/init.d/varnish
start
>> Starting Varnish Cache: [ OK ]
>> [root at masterion init.d]#
/etc/init.d/varnish status
>> varnishd (pid 10648) is running...

[root at masterion init.d]#

>> Apparently Varnish is running but there
is nothing in port 80. What am I doing wrong?.
>> Thank you,
>> Ivan

Links:
------