Backend Keep-Alive

Traian Bratucu traian.bratucu at eea.europa.eu
Thu Nov 24 09:09:35 CET 2011

If Varnish is on the same machine or on the same LAN, I would say to disable apache keep-alive since there is no real benefit to it.
Regarding the timeouts, if you are referring to Apache, then probably yes, in Varnish you may want to increase the send timeout variable (/etc/sysconfig/varnish or /etc/default/varnish) since it can mess with large files.

Traian